UPDATE: This training session has been cancelled. Thank you.
Rupert Dubler is pleased to announce the next intensive Deaf Interpreting workshop!
WHERE: Boise, ID at Idaho State University
WHEN: Tentatively 9am-6pm daily December 16th-20th (5 days for total of 40 hours) + 40 hours online.
NOTE: Hearing interpreters will join this training on first and last day; they will pay $75 per day.
COST: $700 per Deaf Interpreter participant, minimum 8 and maximum 15 participants, confirmed on a first come first served basis. A payment plan is accepted and discounts on registrations is available for People of Color, please contact trainer for more information.
Department of Rehabilitation clients are welcome; please have your counselor contact the trainer ASAP to reserve your seat and make payment arrangements.
This fee includes only the workshop. Sponsors, if any, will help to cover the cost of meals.
WHAT: This 40-hours training will better prepare Deaf Interpreters to pass RID’s CDI Knowledge Exam and provide a refresher for experienced Deaf Interpreters. A certification of completion will be issued at end of the training.
This training is designed in part based on the National Consortium of Interpreter Education Centers (NCIEC)’s Deaf Interpreting curriculum which was collaboratively developed by a team of top CDIs in the country.
The NCIEC DI curriculum covers six modules:
- Deaf Interpreters—Past, Present, & Future
- Ethnic & Cultural Diversity within the Deaf Community
- Consumer Assessment—Identifying Culture, Language, and Communication Styles
- Ethical Considerations and Challenges for Deaf Interpreters
- Interpreting Theory & Practice for Deaf Interpreters
- Deaf/Hearing & Deaf/Deaf Interpreter Teams
In addition to the curriculum materials above, we have developed the following:
- ASL translations of select readings (online)
- Practice opportunities
- Business practices
- Special topics in order to complete this comprehensive and immersive training, all participants will be expected to commit to approximately 40 hours of online viewings and readings to be completed at your own pace, which includes group video discussions, prior to the face-to-face workshop. These materials will be available in advance. During the face-to-face workshop, there may be homework assignments in the evenings in addition to assigned presentations during the workshop.
YOUR TRAINER: Rupert Dubler, CDI. For more information, please see our About Us page.
HOW TO REGISTER:
- Complete the registration form: http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/4003142/PNW-Deaf-Interpreting-Workshop-Registration-Form
- Follow the instructions at end of the registration form to submit your payment online.
- Email Rupert to notify him that you have completed both steps: email@example.com.
- Rupert will respond to confirm your seat.