Rupert Dubler is pleased to announce the next intensive Deaf Interpreting Workshop (DIW)!
WHERE: Monmouth, OR at Western Oregon University (WOU)
WHEN: 8am-5pm, August 21st-25th, 2018 (5 days)
WHAT: This face-to-face 40-hour foundational training will better prepare Deaf Interpreters to pass RID’s CDI Knowledge Exam and provide a refresher for experienced Deaf Interpreters. A certification of completion will be issued at end of the training for 40 CEUs and a separate certificate will be issued for the 20 hours on-line component of the training.
This training is designed in part based on the National Consortium of Interpreter Education Centers (NCIEC)’s Deaf Interpreting curriculum which was collaboratively developed by a team of top CDIs in the country.
The NCIEC DI curriculum covers six modules:
- Deaf Interpreters—Past, Present, & Future
- Ethnic & Cultural Diversity within the Deaf Community
- Consumer Assessment—Identifying Culture, Language, and Communication Styles
- Ethical Considerations and Challenges for Deaf Interpreters
- Interpreting Theory & Practice for Deaf Interpreters
- Deaf/Hearing & Deaf/Deaf Interpreter Teams
In addition to the curriculum materials above, we have developed the following:
- ASL translations of select readings (online)
- Preparation for RID’s CDI Knowledge Exam
- Hands-on interpreting practice opportunities
- Special topics in order to complete this comprehensive and immersive training,
REGISTRATION FEE: $575 per Deaf Interpreter participant. A payment plan can be arranged. Please contact trainer for more information. This fee includes only the workshop. This trainer will accept payments from Department of Rehabilitation, Vocational Rehabilitation (VR), and employers.
DORM/MEALS COST: On-campus dorm rooms are available for $21 per person per night with 1 roommate or $30 per person per night with no roommate. This fee includes linen. No kitchen are available. A campus dining meal plan is available for breakfast, lunch, and dinner for total of $24.25 per day. Total for dorm and meals is $226.25 per person for 5 days.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: You must complete your registration by August 10th. Space is reserved on a first come, first served basis. Workshop will be confirmed on August 11th.
REFUND POLICY: 50% refund before August 10th, no refund on or after August 10th. Refund request must be via email.
HOW TO REGISTER:
- Email Rupert.Dubler@gmail.com with your full name, email, and VP number.
- Rupert will contact you to discuss your registration and answer all of your questions. Payment can be discussed at this time.
- Pay with a paper check or via PayPal.
- When your payment is received, you will receive a registration confirmation. Your seat is reserved at this time.Upon request, we can also send you a letter of support, an invoice, and/or a receipt.
IN-KIND SPONSOR: Western Oregon University
OUR TRAINERS: Rupert Dubler, CDI. For the trainer biography, please see our About Us page.
If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact this trainer at firstname.lastname@example.org.